5 Long Weekend Beauty Essentials
When it comes to long weekends, our thoughts are naturally focused on relaxation, rest and of course, our beauty game. Whether you’re heading to some BBQ party or to the beach, odds are you’ll be exposed to some beauty-destroying issues like sweat, humidity and sun. The best solution? Smartly packing your beauty essentials. As long as your beauty bag contains these five beauty essentials, you can be sure that you’ll look gorgeous in all of your vacation pics.
- Mini Makeup. Feeling a bit stressed about how much space your makeup will take in your bag? Then purchase a mini makeup kit like The Stowaway Kit. Not only will you get six products in one – creaseless concealer, crème lipstick, cheek and lip rouge, radiant complexion BB cream, defined lash mascara and effortless eyeliner – but this kit also comes in an adorable travel size. What’s even better is that you can purchase each product individually if you don’t want to buy the entire kit.
- Blotting Sheets. Since you’ll be running under the sun, expect that you’ll get sweaty and shiny all over so be sure to bring some blotting sheets to keep any midday oiliness at bay. Purchase sheets like Palladio Rice Paper Tissues since you can easily fit even in the smallest pocket of your travel bag. Plus, they can do a great job at soaking up oil while leaving a natural-looking translucent powder.
- Facial Mist. With a number of awesome face mists out in the market, choosing one that’s right for you depends on what you want to get from it. Want your makeup to last? Go with For Ever Mist and Fix. Need some sun protection? Try out Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50. If you just want a facial mist that’ll help you relax on your short weekend getaway, use First Aid Beauty Vitamin Hydrating Mist.
- Face Wipes. When you’re out having fun in the beach until dawn, remembering to wash off your makeup can be quite difficult to do. So make everything easier for you and your skin by packing facial wipes with you. Purchase wipes like Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes since they’re free of synthetic fragrances, parabens, dyes and alcohol.
- Sunscreen. This product is definitely something that you shouldn’t forget to bring, especially if you’re going to spend a lot of time under the sun. Experts recommend choosing sunscreen that has no fragrance, is at least SPF 30 and contains physical sunblock. One of the best products that has these qualities is Neutrogena’s Pure and Free Baby Sunblock Lotion SPF 60.
Other than your clothes, it’s also important that you smartly pack your beauty bag. So make sure that you bring all the aforementioned beauty essentials during your trip to ensure that you’ll stay beautiful even after long hours of lounging under the sun.