5 Steps to Successfully Be Over With Luggage Mismanagement
One of the most challenging parts in preparing for trips is getting your luggage ready. You wouldn’t want to be out of poise struggling with a bunch of bags because you had a lot of things to bring with you, would you? Especially when you’re planning for a trip to Singapore, you already have a lot of activities set in mind, not to mention the fact that you have to be fashionably comfy.
So keep that poise and be stress-free, not to mention penalty-free for overweighing baggage, because here are 5 steps to get you through luggage mismanagement:
- Know your itinerary. What do you want to do while you’re in Singapore? What places do you want to visit? How do you plan to go about it? What is the weather forecast during your trip? Knowing these things not only helps you make your trip worth it but it also helps you plan what to wear and know what you might need.
- Go over your closet. Got your itinerary already? Now go open your closet and see what you can find. Put on your bed the clothes and other stuff you think would be necessary for your trip based on your itinerary. Do you plan hitting the beach because the weather’s perfect for a tan? Grab a few pairs of swimwear and cover-ups then. Are you planning to check out shops instead? A shirt and some comfy shorts plus loafers could get you going for that long walk.
- When you have all the things you needed for the trip on your bed, it’s time you filter them. Take a second look at each item: “do I really need this shirt? Am I gonna wear this dress during one of my activities? Is it necessary to bring these monster pumps?” While answering these questions, also consider that it’s good to keep some extras in case something comes up (you might not expect to find yourself having dinner in one of the fine restaurants in Singapore with this cute guy you just met at the airport) – just don’t overdo it.
- Pack them up. Once you’re done with filtering, start packing them. Place toiletries in a small pouch to keep them from being lost inside your luggage. Roll clothes tightly to save space (rolling clothes tightly won’t crumple them). Put pairs of shoes inside shower caps to keep them from coming in contact with your clothes (this seals off the smell and dust too). You can google other efficient ways to put your stuff in your luggage.
- Review your itinerary. With your luggage ready, look into your itinerary again. Are you sure with the activities you plotted in it? Do you have with you the necessary stuff for the trip? If not, then go back to step one.
Once you are sure with getting past step 5, you can now say that you are fully luggage-ready. With these steps in mind for every trip, mismanagement won’t be an issue again. So don’t let your luggage become a baggage. Have a safe trip and go make memories!