5 Tricks in Taking Instagram-Worthy Photos
Are you secretly harbouring dreams of becoming Insta-famous? Do you spend long hours on debating what filter to use, only to have your epic sunset shot outdone by your friend’s perfectly framed and lit blueberry scone photo? Guess, what? You’re not alone. Fortunately, there are some tricks that you can use to take Instagram-worthy photos and experience the Instagram glory you’ve always dreamed of.
- Experiment on Your Camera’s Focus. Each phone’s camera automatically focuses itself, but you also have the option to manually focus it by just tapping on your subject. If you plan on focusing something up close, the object becomes more distinguished while the background becomes brighter. Turning your focus on a distant object, on the other hand, will make your foreground darker and your image won’t be overexposed.
- Learn When to Use Camera Flash. The next thing that you should work on to take some good photos is your camera’s flash. You can turn it on or off, or set it on auto. When you’re shooting in low-lighting situations or environment, it would be best to have your flash turned on. Just make sure that your subject isn’t too far away from you since the flash on a phone’s camera isn’t that powerful.
- Work with the Burst Feature. Want to take perfect jump shots? Then try out the burst mode of your phone camera. This feature allows you to take multiple shots per second, making it a great photo option for action shots. With this, you’ll be able to capture your friend’s cliff dive right from when he jumps off the cliff until he hits the water.
- Try Out Different Apps. Curious about how your fellow photographers are achieving interesting shots? Then try searching for good photography phone applications. Some of the best apps that are worth trying include Camera+, a perfect app for achieving straight, level horizon on landscape pictures and manually adjusting your exposure and focal points. For editing photos, try out Snapseed. Compared to other apps, Snapseed is a bit simpler to use in terms of bringing out the natural colour of your photo subjects.
- Accessorize. Your photo’s composition plays a big role in the overall outcome of the shot. This is especially true in shooting landscape photos, where you just can’t fit everything that you want in the frame. In such cases, accessorize your phone camera by attaching a fisheye or wide angle lens to capture the entire view. Problem solved.
Now that you know the tricks to taking Instagram-worthy photos, start revamping your feed and see how you’ll get flooded with tons of likes and follow request. Enjoy your most awaited Instagram glory!