An access control system combined with a CCTV camera and intercom system can create better security features for any type of commercial building or residence in Singapore because they are deterrents to crime and can help with information-gathering. If you cannot choose between the conventional card and pin access or a biometric door access system, however, you should be familiar with the basics of biometric thumbprint and facial biometric, two of the most popular types used by establishments and offices.
The earliest types of door access systems used keypad readers and card readers, but personnel are prone to losing or forgetting their cards and passwords that is why the alternative biometric thumbprint is a better solution for improving security.
To capture a person’s unique fingerprint, the image is first scanned, converted into numerical algorithm, and then saved as a record in the database for authorized personnel or employees. What makes this type of biometric door access system invaluable is that the data cannot be faked easily and is less prone to errors. New personnel can easily be added to the secureoffice entrance card access machines database while those that are no longer affiliated to the company can simply be deleted. It can also be easily integrated into the CCTV camera system such as an IP CCTV through a secure network. The footage from the security camera can act as an additional proof in case the authorities are alerted of an attempt to bypass security. An office camera can also be installed near the fingerprint reader to monitor employee activities and attendance.
Facial biometric may be a stuff of science fiction movies, but it is widely used in some public areas that get heavy traffic daily. Unlike the other biometric door access system types, the facial recognition system does not require a person to place a body part in front of a scanner or reader to be identified. This is very useful in surveillance if the security does not want to alert the public or any suspicious person that they are being monitored through a security camera. This can be used in combination with several IP camera in government offices, airports, stadiums, and other public areas in Singapore.
The CCTV camera captures the measurements of the face through 80 nodal points such as a distance between several facial features. These include the length of the jaw line, the width of the nose, the distance between the eyes, the cheekbone shape, and the eye socket depths. The measurements result in a specific numerical code or a template which is then stored in the database. When the IP camera surveys a crowd, it compares the templates in its database to the captured samples in real time. If used as a confirmation of the identity of an employee for example, the person should stand at least two feet from the security camera and wait for a maximum of 5 seconds to determine if the sample matches the data. This less intrusive process in identification is what makes it an ideal alternative to other biometric door access systems used for public places in Singapore. Like biometric thumbprint, it can be very difficult to bypass, too.
While transportation is very essential to Singaporeans, many of them choose to own cars as it is more convenient. However, they didn’t disregard the use of public vehicles like the popular Mass Rapid Transit (MRT), buses and taxis because they are also suitable for any person.
In Singapore, the evolution of cars is rapid. In fact, there are a lot of famous car names situated in the country such as:
- Ford. Similar with Mercedes Benz, it is an elegant car. However, the difference of Ford from Mercedes Benz is its state-of-the-art controls all over its body. Actually, it has a modern voice control command for every activity that you may do inside the car (e.g. start engine, water out and more).
- Skoda. Skoda’s amazing speed that can reach 175 mph is what many drivers want. Apart from it, its exclusively designed wheels, interior and exterior systems are what make them liked by many.
- Volvo. Famous to its features like its high-powered engine that reaches 6200 rpm and can have room for 7 people in maximum.
- Mercedes-Benz. This car brand belongs to some well-established people because of its elegant designs that will entice car lovers. Most Mercedes Benz designs are simple yet presentable. This includes its unique and comfortable seats, large interior space and comfy temperature inside. Apart from it, this is one of the safest brands of cars to drive.
- Volkswagen. Durable. This is the trademark of this brand. For its long years since it first entered in the market. Volkswagen now designs and develops new cars for people’s convenience.
If you are a computer whiz, you do not need to be reminded that the computer needs antivirus to function properly. It is important that you purchase one right away. But you have to be cautious because fake antiviruses are prevalent. You have to get a legitimate antivirus. The benefits of antivirus include:
1. Protection against viruses. Computer attackers create and spread viruses. Computer viruses can wreck havoc in your system if you are not careful. Viruses for instance can slow down your processing system. Apart from that, it can delete images and personal files. It is crucial that you install one immediately.
2. Protection against spyware. When you hear spyware, it refers to a software that is designed to spy your system. For attackers who are thinking about getting personal information and other things, they will surely succeed if you do not get a legitimate antivirus.
3. Protection against identity theft. In connection with spyware, attackers will use this software to gather and collect information about you. They will eventually rob you of your identity. If you install antivirus, you will be assured that your identity and everything that you put in your computer are safe.
4. Protection against spam. If you are constantly checking your email, you will surely feel the annoyance created by spam. Spams are unsolicited emails that you have to go through. If you want to spare yourself from this, you should install antivirus right away.
As mentioned earlier, fake antiviruses are prevalent. They are malicious software created to take information by mimicking real antiviruses. Fake antiviruses spread through social networking sites, emails and search engines. You will know if you are infected when you recognize pop-up displays notifying security warnings and asking for personal information and other bank information.