Creative Ways to Make a Small Dining Space
Most of us dream of having a spacious dining area, but until the dream comes true, working on a little dining space is the best you can have. Here, we’re sharing five clever ways on how you can possibly create a dining space that won’t clutter your kitchen.
- Go for a Breakfast Bar. If a regular size table is out of your choices, then a breakfast bar will be your best option in sneaking in a small eating area in your kitchen without taking up too much space. They are just perfect for kitchens set in galley style, as well as in creating a nook where you can peacefully enjoy your morning cup of Joe.
- Opt for Multipurpose Pieces. When you’re short on space, it’s best to pick furniture that serves multiple purposes. Pick a fixture that can serve as a kitchen island, where you can store and prepare food, and can double as your dining area.
- Think of Foldable Tables. For the tiniest of kitchens, a collapsible or foldable dining area is quite a great compromise. Apart from saving you extra space, you can install this furniture anywhere in your house you wish to dine.
- Create a Cosy Nook. Got a corner of your space to spare? Create a cosy nook to bring some character and warmth to your place. Adding in a bench or two is a good way to offer more seats while taking less space. Plus, that’s another reason to buy more throw pillows!
- Go Bistro. Add some Parisian vibe to your kitchen by getting a bistro table and a pair of cafe chairs – perfect when you’re having a simple meal for two. Remember that even a small and simple table is enough to add valuable aesthetic to a simple kitchen, so do invest on the best pieces.
Even with a small kitchen, it’s still possible to create a small dining area. With the right furniture and ample planning, you can maximize your space without compromising on style.