We tend to get excited when we are about to receive a check in which it contains your salary. However, be careful because not all individuals will be happy to see your salary even if he is your friend. Sometimes, he might dislike what you are doing. He might feel degraded especially if you show that you earn more than him. Also, he might take advantage on you because you have a lot of money.
Don’t Show Your Pay Stub/Slip to Anyone
In particular, do not show your pay slip to your co-employee. Many companies are having this type of rule. The disadvantage of showing it to your co-worker is that it may be questioned because there are times that your salary might be higher than the old and high-ranking employees. And sometimes, comparing your salaries will ring a bell to the manager as he is receiving many complaints. Always remember that your salary is confidential.
Protect Your Privacy and Personal Information
You should not show your pay stub because some of your personal information like your address, social security number and other important data are on your pay slip. Do not share too much information – anything about yourself is confidential. You can share it, but it’s up to you if you share all about yourself. However, be careful because sometimes, your manager may be annoyed with you what you share. Always remember that your goal is to help the company. Thus, be professional and do not be too personal to your co-worker.
While many of us disregard brushing and flossing the teeth, bacteria around the mouth will develop and will lead to bad breath and may sometimes be the cause of toothache and worst, tooth loss. That’s why brushing and flossing is very important. Not only we can benefit on these activities, it would also make our teeth whiter and stronger.
From time to time, bacteria build up inside our mouth and this is because of the food and drinks that we consume. What we eat is also the elements that these microorganisms consume. In addition, they grow inside our mouth because we do not perform prevention and just act once there is a need to do so.
Brushing and flossing is a significant act that an individual has to do. It is more important than using mouthwash. Sometimes, many people tend to pick a brand of toothpaste that promises to whiten and strengthen your teeth because they find it more important. Actually, this has nothing to do to make your breath fresh and beautify your dentition. What’s more important is that you are brushing your teeth to prevent it from damage.
Since brushing is a part of our daily lives, flossing is also one way to keep your breath fresh. Flossing’s major role is to make your teeth get rid of the food particles that is stuck between the denture. This will control and prevent the bacteria from growling which will destroy the dentition.
Having difficulties with your sleep at night? What do you usually do? Do you watch TV to feel asleep? Or do you browse you social media account until you get sleepy? Anything that seems to be tiring will always make us feel sleepy but sometimes it has a bad effect in our body. Therefore, we need to sleep properly. How should we do it if? Here are the 3 things that you must do in order to obtain a good rest and become fruitful in the morning:
1. Watch out on the substances you consume. Drinking coffee at night is a big no-no as it could affect your sleep. Coffee contains caffeine that takes hours before it vanishes. Hence, giving you problems with your rest. On the other hand, many people believe that drinking alcohol will make you sleepy. Yes, it’s true but it can later disturb you in the middle of your sleep. Also, it might make you wide awake all night.
2. Make a bedtime habit. Listening to any music that you find relaxing is a great bedtime habit. You may also include reading books to the list. Another thing is that you may take a shower before sleeping. By doing those, it will help you achieve a good rest. Avoid watching TV and using phones as a habit during bedtime because it will just keep you awake at night. Also, it is not good for the eyes.
3. Make your bedroom a comfortable place for sleeping. Organize all the things in your bedroom to make it vibrant. Keep your place quiet, cool and dark. These things will contribute to good sleep.
Whether you are a tourist looking for a good time or a local looking for a place to chill, there are plenty of events that you can go to here in Singapore. What are you waiting for? Get your pens and list down these events:
- Flying with superheroes: If you want to literally soar through the skies of Singapore with your favourite superheroes, you should head to the Cable Car ticketing counters. From June 2014 to Mark 2015, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Batman will join you. Ticket for adults cost $29. Children tickets cost $18.
- Sentosa Buskers Festival 2014: On September 6 to 14, 2014, get ready for the Sentosa Buskers Festival. Your family will be delighted and entertained by the performances of international and local buskers. Expect that acts will be electrifying.
- Wet N’ Wild Run Singapore: This will be on September 27, 2014 from 9am to 5pm. It will be held in Palawan Beach. You will enjoy the dash and the splash featuring the largest inflatable slide and the foam showers. Admission for the first 500 participants is $68. The regular admission is $78.
- Sentosa Spooktacular 2014: If you want to spend your Halloween in a Halloween-inspired village, you should watch out for the Spooktacular 2014. This will be from October 11 to November 2014. Early bird admission (until September 30) is $56.60. Regular rate is $66.60.
- Sentosa PLAY cation 2014: This is from December 1 to 31, 2014. Your family will have fun especially with the activities in line.
Things will be more fun if you bring your friends and family with you. Have a great time!
Gymnastic is amazing when you look at it. It is also a good exercise. If you notice that you are good in gymnastic, you have to develop it rather than ignore it. Yes, it is not easy but if you are serious about it, you will surely learn and get good in time. Who knows you will represent Singapore in international competitions?
Gymnastics is fun-filled. If you are worried about your experience, you should think that professionals were beginners too at some point. Apart from international competitions, you can join cirque shows and represent Singapore. So you see, there are a lot of possibilities in gymnastics. Do not think even for a moment that you do not have a future in gymnastics.
Here’s a guide for beginners:
- Do not fear: You do not do everything you want because you fear of the things that might happen. Fear is a natural thing for humans but it will hold you back. If you are afraid of getting hurt, you will not be successful. You may hear that gymnastics is dangerous. In fact, all sports are dangerous but it is how you see or perceive it. Of course, safety precautions will be taught to you.
- Age does not matter: Many people think that you have to start young so you will get good. Do not be affected especially if you start old. Age does not matter. As long as you want to learn gymnastic or as long as your body can, gymnastic is for you. It is not a matter of age, it is a matter of mind set.
- Know the basic: Gymnasts are good and skilful in controlling their bodies. The basic thing that you should consider is training. You have to get strong so you have the strength to practice pertinent skills. For example, you have to learn handstand, back flip and other techniques.
- Find other gymnasts: Things will be easier and lighter if you know that you are not alone. You have to find other gymnasts and get their ideas and insights. Other gymnasts will teach you many things or simply encourage you.
- Search local classes: If you want a structured training, you should look for local classes offering gymnastics. Aside from that, you can also watch videos. Look for someone who knows what to do.
There you go. You will get good in time if you give gymnast a chance. Remember that the beginning is always the hardest. If you cannot get through it, you will not be successful. Good luck and break a leg!
While many people believe that managing a cruise ship is so hard, for some Maritime personnel, they find cruise job an exciting experience. In the sea, it is impossible to crash to another ship. But there are possibilities that it may happen just like superstitions.
Superstitions are beliefs that we always ignore. But when tragedies happen, this is the time we say “because you are not listening to me”, “because you didn’t believe in superstitions” and many phrases which shows disappointment in believing on superstitions.
Basically, there are a lot of cruise superstitions that people should be aware of. However, it must not be feared because it will only depend on your belief. Here are the cruise beliefs you may or may not follow.
- Travelling with a black bag: For seaman, it is a bad luck because black signifies death.
- Saying “Good luck”: The bad luck will be eliminated if you respond to the person who said Good luck to you.
- Placing silver coin under the flag: This guarantee a safe and prosperous trip.
- Stepping the left foot: Once you mistakenly stepped your left foot first on the cruise, a great disaster will happen.
- Wine pouring: This is a good luck for all the passengers of the cruise.
- Stone throwing: Throwing stones to the ocean will produce huge waves that can make the cruise ship tumble. Stone throwing is somewhat a disrespect to the Gods of the sea.
- Flowers: Flowers attracts death and it is avoided on the ship.
- Swimming dolphins: Dolphins are friends of the sea. Once they joined the cruise swimming it will bring a good luck and a successful trip.
It is indeed evident in the country that it experiences a very hot weather even if it’s not yet the season for summer. This is because the country is located near the equator of the globe. However, it is not only Singapore who suffers from the extreme heat of the sun. This also includes the places which are exactly of very close to the equator such as Uganda, Ecuador, and Indonesia.
Since these places really suffer from the intense heat of the sun, people living her needs to wear something that is comfortable to them. In other countries mentioned above, they wear something that would lessen the heat they are experiencing. Here in the country, people are wearing the following:
- Tank top and shorts: It maybe an outfit like you are going to the beach but it not. It is only a typical dressing here to alleviate the sultriness in the city.
- Hat: The hot season is one reason why many people here are wearing hats. Not only that it will help you relieve the mugginess that you are feeling.
- Sunglasses: Yes, it is for fashion and adds extra beauty to you. But it is also a great thing to combat the hot weather.
So, if you are not wearing those mentioned things, expect that you will be sweating more and a hand fan will not be enough. However, if you wear those things, for sure, you can tour around the city without worrying about the heat of the sun.