Singapore Cruise Superstitions: What to Avoid
While many people believe that managing a cruise ship is so hard, for some Maritime personnel, they find cruise job an exciting experience. In the sea, it is impossible to crash to another ship. But there are possibilities that it may happen just like superstitions.
Superstitions are beliefs that we always ignore. But when tragedies happen, this is the time we say “because you are not listening to me”, “because you didn’t believe in superstitions” and many phrases which shows disappointment in believing on superstitions.
Basically, there are a lot of cruise superstitions that people should be aware of. However, it must not be feared because it will only depend on your belief. Here are the cruise beliefs you may or may not follow.
- Travelling with a black bag: For seaman, it is a bad luck because black signifies death.
- Saying “Good luck”: The bad luck will be eliminated if you respond to the person who said Good luck to you.
- Placing silver coin under the flag: This guarantee a safe and prosperous trip.
- Stepping the left foot: Once you mistakenly stepped your left foot first on the cruise, a great disaster will happen.
- Wine pouring: This is a good luck for all the passengers of the cruise.
- Stone throwing: Throwing stones to the ocean will produce huge waves that can make the cruise ship tumble. Stone throwing is somewhat a disrespect to the Gods of the sea.
- Flowers: Flowers attracts death and it is avoided on the ship.
- Swimming dolphins: Dolphins are friends of the sea. Once they joined the cruise swimming it will bring a good luck and a successful trip.