Unusual Coffee Recipes from Around the World
While setting up your own mobile coffee cart or a coffee catering business might seem like an attractive venture, you might be wondering how you can compete with so many coffee shops in Singapore. Other coffee cart businesses create their own recipes and blends, while some coffee push cart businesses come up with coffee dishes that customers can enjoy with their cup of coffee.
Besides the usual mobile coffee lineup of espresso, black coffee, mocha, macchiato, latte, Americano, and cappuccino, you should also offer something unique and exciting that will make your customers come back for more.
These are some of the unusual coffee drinks you can offer in your own mobile coffee cart.
1. Antoccino from Italy is made up of one part espresso and one part milk.
2. Ca Phe Da is a Vietnamese coffee made up of 15 grams of ground coffee, two tablespoons of condensed milk, 160 ml of boiling water, and ice cubes.
3. Café Bombon from Spain is made up of one part condensed milk and one part espresso.
4. Café con Miel from Spain is made up of cinnamon, steamed milk, honey, and a shot of espresso.
5. Café Cortado is made up of one part espresso and one part milk.
6. Café de Olla from Mexico is made up of one tablespoon of coffee, 15 tablespoons of piloncillo, 15 cups of water, and a cinnamon stick.
7. Café Marocchino from Italy is made up of cocoa powder, one part milk, and a small shot of espresso.
8. Café Melange is made up of a double shot espresso and whipped cream on top.
9. Café Touba from Senegal is made up of ground coffee beans, sugar, and African black pepper.
10. Cortado is made up of one part espresso and one part milk.
11. Eiskaffee from Germany is made up of fifteen quarts of instant coffee, two scoops of ice cream, whipped cream, and chocolate chips on top.
12. Espresso Romano is made up of espresso and a slice of lemon.
13. Flat White available from butler mobile coffee from Singapore originates from New Zealand and Australia is made up of a shot of espresso, steamed milk, and a bit of foam at the top.
14. Franziskaner from Germany is made up of either a double shot or single shot espresso with whipped cream on top.
15. Frappe Coffee from Greece and Cyprus is made up of instant coffee, cold water, ice cubes, and foam at the top.
16. Galao from Portugal is made up of one part coffee and three parts of foamed milk.
17. Guillermo is made up of hot or cold coffee with lime.
18. Kaffeost is a Swedish coffee tradition in which cheese is dipped into coffee or the name for a coffee with Leipajuusto cheese.
19. Kopi Susu Panas from Malaysia is made up of one part condensed milk and one part ground coffee.
20. Indian Filter Coffee is made up of two teaspoons of coffee powder, ¾ cup of water, one cup of milk, and one teaspoon of sugar.
21. Irish Coffee is made up of one cup coffee, three tablespoons of Irish whiskey, one tablespoon of brown sugar, and slightly heavy whipped cream on top.
22. Mazagran from Portugal is made up of espresso, water, lemon juice, and ice cubes.
23. Pharisaer from Germany is made up of one quarter cup of black coffee, one sugar cube, two shots of rum, and whipped cream at the top.
24. Turkish Coffee is made up of one tablespoon ground coffee, one cup of water, and one cardamom pod.
25. Wiener Melange is an Austrian coffee made up of one cup of espresso, one egg yolk, two tablespoons of brown sugar, and whipped cream on top.
26. Vienna Coffee is made up of a double shot espresso and whipped cream on top.
27. Vietnamese Egg Coffee is made up of black Vietnamese coffee on top that will slowly sink into the whipped egg yolk and condensed milk at the bottom.
28. Yuanyang from Hong Kong is made up of coffee, black tea, and condensed milk.
You can also make your mobile coffee cart more interesting by adding coffee dishes in your menu besides the usual food served with a cup of coffee.
These are some of the coffee dishes you can include in your mobile coffee or coffee catering business.
Coffee Jelly is a dessert you can add in your menu. It consists primarily of instant coffee, agar jelly or gelatin, and sugar. You can add coffee jelly into beverages and other desserts, or you can place it on top of a coffee drink along with gum syrup, cream or condensed milk.
Roti Kopi, also called roti mama or roti papa, the term roti is the name for the Indian flatbread made from wholemeal flour called atta. Roti kopi therefore is coffee bun made up of roti, coffee topping (unsalted butter, sugar, eggs, cake flour, instant coffee, and coffee liqueur or essence), and butter filling.
Red-Eye Gravy is a type of sauce is made from black coffee, sausage drippings, pork, and flour.
Coffee Sauce is a type of sauce that will add a savory and sweet flavor to traditional cooked dishes and desserts that you might want to add to your coffee cart menu; such as steak, salmon, pancakes, puddings, waffles, cakes, and ice cream. It consists of water, sugar, and coffee grounds, but sweet coffee sauce also includes evaporated milk, eggs, whiskey, whipped cream, simple syrup, and maple or golden syrup.
Tiramisu is a coffee-flavored dessert from Italy is made from coffee-dipped ladyfingers and whipped mascarpone cheese, sugar, eggs, and cocoa.
Café Iiegeois, a French dessert, is a perfect addition to your coffee cart dessert menu made up of sweetened coffee, Chantilly cream, one scoop of vanilla ice cream, and two scoops of coffee-flavored ice cream. There is also another version which uses chocolate ice cream instead of the coffee-flavored ice cream.